Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
KINGS OF CHICAGO - submission deadline September 15th 2010
FEARLESS - looking for unafraid male models
Sound & Vision at the Modern Wing, AIC- Aug, 26 5-8pm
Call for entries:This fall will be the launch of a small art based magazine simply grounded in the diversity of gay culture. This is a single run issue, 300 total, including artist proof. This periodical falls with in the tradition of punk and independent zines of the nineteen eighties/nineties and the contemporary publications of the new millennium.
This particular publication is about men only but not male centric. As artists and contributors to our great culture we must respect out community as a whole.
This first publication deals with “new gay male ideals and identity” in place of his historical framework.
The contents, theme, and motif of this issue deal with “ Since the 1980’s, post , America has lost many of its middle-aged men (45-65). This loss has caused a historical, social and representational gap in the queer community. The survivors and uninfected are unheard, the living group of men don’t talk about the “ACT UP” days and the youth (25years or less) know nothing of their historical past because of this lack of communication. I.E. “What’s Stonewall?” This issue is a reflection and reaction to that missing group. Please note: “missing” does not just mean deceased. How do we continue our queer legacy, history and progress with out this chronological link? How does the community teach the youth about our historical context with out sounding like angry queers or should we still be angry? This is a reactionary project, an exploratory version of our historical context.” (working title).
This issue of KOC is asking for your written or visual reactions. The form is solely in the hands of the artists. KOC is looking for ten contributors, all ages, ethnicities and people who identify as male need apply. All contributors will receive a copy of the magazine, marketing, and inclusion in the editors notes for the launch of the publication, no monies will be exchanged. There is no fee for entry and submission of artwork. This is an editor driven publication and will be juried by the editor and KOC’s counterparts.
- By Email: Submit JPG's via email (maximum size: not larger than 10 inches or 720 pixels in any one direction and 72dpi only), and not more than 6 - 12 samples. If KOC wants to see more we will ask.
- Send work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- With all submissions include your location, short biography, artists statement or both. Each and every sample of work MUST include artist's name, title, size, medium, date, and edition.
- All writing samples must be sent in with in a Word document and embedded with in the Email.
- KOC reserves the right to reject work due to unresolvable disputes between the artist and curator(s).
All artwork needs to be emailed by midnight September 15, 2010. We are shooting for a late October early November 2010 launch date. If admitted to KOC further publishing details will follow.